St Peters Church Hunslet Moor Dewsbury Road
The war Memorial stands in the grounds of the old St Peters Church at the corner of Dewsbury Road and Moor Road. It is situated in the locality of Hunslet Moor. Peter's Court flats now occupy the site of the Church. In total 278 men from this area of Leeds are Remembered on eight panels on the memorial .
The memorial was dedicated on Saturday the 24th September 1921 by the Bishop of Knaresborough and was unveiled by Lieutenant Colonel Charles Harold Tetley this was followed by a service in the church at 15.00 hours.
To access each page allow pop ups and click on names under each panel below close browser to return to this page.